Dr. Asmaa Alrashed, BSc. MD. FRCSC. FACS
- 2018 Founder of the Women Surgery of Kuwait Group.
- 2018- present The Chair of the Women Surgeons Committee in Kuwait Association of Surgeons.
- 2013 General Surgery Residency & Boards, McGill University, Canada.
- 2011-2014 The first Kuwaiti woman surgeon to obtain Critical Care Fellowship, McGill University, Canada.
- 2015 The first Kuwaiti woman surgeon to obtain Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery Fellowship, Laval University, Canada.
- 2017-present Assistant Program Director of Surgical Foundations Program, KIMS.
- 2019 Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- She holds several clinical & academic roles in affiliation with Kuwait University & assumes administrative & leadership roles in Al-Amiri Hospital. Her research focuses on standardization of bariatric & metabolic surgery care, raising awareness of childhood obesity in Kuwait & championing historical documentation of women in surgery in the Gulf & Middle East & Gender Equity in Surgery.