Dr. Mervat Al Saleh
- 1996 The first woman Associate Professor in Dep. of General Surgery in College of Medicine, Kuwait University.
- 1983 Graduated College of Medicine in King Saud University, KSA.
- 1987 The first Saudi woman to earn FRCS in General Surgery.
- 1988-1995 The first Saudi woman Assistant Professor in general surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University, KSA.
- 1995-1996 The first Saudi woman Associate Professor in general surgery, College of Medicine, King Khalid University, KSA, then moved to Kuwait.
- 2009-2014 The first woman Chair of Dept. of Surgery, College of Medicine, Kuwait University.
- 2010-2014 The first woman Chair of Dept. of Surgery, Mubarak Al-Kabeer Hospital, MOH.
- 2010- Present The first Kuwaiti woman to become Fellow of American College of Surgeons FACS.
- Held numerous academic, administrative & leadership positions. She’s an active member in local, regional & international committees & associations and has extensive publications in general and breast surgery.